Not only does it put an enormous amount of pressure on our backs, but the
constant forward reaching (writing, computers, driving...) causes our upper body to become concave adding even more.
Get up from your desk every hour and move for 2 minutes. Set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself. Of course if you're in the middle of something when the reminder goes off, do it as soon as you can. If you miss a few then you may be stringing together 4-6 minutes. Either way don't stress about just get in the 2 minutes!
In an 8 hour work day you're doing a 16 minute workout. If you do these movements every day, in 4 weeks you will notice a difference and in 6 weeks you'll be even happier.
1. Walking Lunges
2. Push-ups (modify if needed)
3. Jumping Jacks (people always surprise themselves on this one)
4. Stretch your hamstrings – place your heel on solid, flat surface and lean forward at waist. Hold for 30 sec then repeat on other leg. Do this twice.
5. Stretch your neck – relieve tension in your neck and shoulders by turning your chin to the right while keeping shoulders straight. Hold for 30 sec then slowly turn to opposite side.
6. Stretch your lower back – standing (with back against the wall if you need the support), use both hands to grab just below knee and pull leg towards chest. Hold for 30 sec and repeat on other leg.
7. Chair Squats – keeping your arms out for balance, squat until you’re just above your chair, hold for 3 seconds then stand. Repeat for 2 minutes.
8. Dance It Out – put in your ear buds and bust a move!
There’s so much more that can be done but why not start here. Implement different moves if you’d like, do it twice every hour, get a co-worker to join in. It doesn’t matter what, how, or when… just get in your 2 minutes!!!
I am passionate about...
helping women embrace their complete lives to become